Creator of Skywall Photography
I'm originally from Austin, Texas which is the capital of the giant "Lone Star State". I grew up eating tangy BBQ and genuine Tex-Mex food, playing sports, and watching incredible Texas sunsets.
I dedicate Skywall Photography to one of the most incredible women I've ever known, Grandma Waller. Just before Grandma passed away, she asked what I wanted to do with my life to which I responded, "my passion is photography". It was then that she bought me my first professional camera and told me to make my dreams come true.
Just weeks later, she passed away. Grandma was a role model and left me with the happiest of memories, incredible life advice, and a drive to fulfil my passion. I couldn't think of a better way to honour her than to dedicate my business to her.
The "Sky" in Skywall represents Heaven and the "Wall" represents her last name of Waller. Grandma Waller is Loved and Missed every day.
Where my passion for photography came from
After graduating from Kansas University, I began traveling the world to broaden my international knowledge and experiences. During my travels, I discovered my passion for capturing the beauty of the incredible moments that surrounded me.
My love for photography and learning about foreign cultures has enabled me to visit over 40 countries, meet wonderful people, and have unbelievable experiences. I'd love to tell you some of the things I've seen and done.
Along my journey, I have worked with many types of clients which has helped build my portfolio. I've worked with celebrities at special events and performers at radio gigs. I've been commissioned by large corporations and small businesses for photography.
I've documented stories for magazines, international family vacations, family trips to the park, shot individual portraits, and so much more! I have worked in various settings including indoor, outdoor, home visits, studios, and large and small events.
My photography recognitions includes:
- 2017 1st Place - The Societies of Photographers photo contest- Festivals & Events
- 2017 Finalist - North of England Wedding Awards
- 2015 2nd Place - Cumbria Wildlife Trust Photography Contest
- 2014 Cover Shot of Georgetown View Magazine
- 2014 Cover Shot of the national PME magazine
- 2013 Finalist - Travel Channel Photography Contest- Family Getaways
- 2013 Grand Prize - Travel Channel Photography Contest- Romance & Holiday
- 2011 Gold Prize - NIIED Video Contest
I'm a relaxed, kind, and professional photographer willing to work with all my clients' needs. My photography approach is typically an unobtrusive, photojournalistic style as opposed to a fully controlled and posed shoot.
I help give direction but try not to control every move you make so the relaxed and natural moments will be captured. Although I am a professional, I continue to learn everyday and I love new tasks and challenges.
I'm available nationwide and would love to speak with you regarding your photography needs. Thank you for considering me and I look forward to hearing from you!
Please contact me with any questions or to make a booking.
Tel: (+44) 07572 016247
If you would like to see my work then please take a look at my photography portfolio!
Questions & Answers....
Why does your work stand out from others who do what you do?
My work is like a powerful, vivid story. I meet with clients prior to the shoot and find out exactly what they are looking for. This allows me to customise my style to their preference and give them the best customised results. I enjoy shoots that enable me to document it in a storytelling manner. That way, when my clients look back at the images, they never miss a moment and can relive the event over and over.
What do you like most about your job?
I love the way it makes me see the world. After buying a camera, I can see beauty in nearly everything and every situation. It has opened a new world to me. I also love that my job is unique every day with different clients, jobs, subjects, and results. It helps to keep me excited about every shoot and prevents me from getting complacent.
What do you wish customers knew about you or your profession?
There are many aspects to a great photographer including communication, a good and friendly personality, good equipment, a vision, good location, and editing skills. All of these things should be considered when looking for a photographer. There is a lot more involved than just the click of a button to get you the professional photos you want.
What advice do you have for a customer looking to hire a provider like you?
Look at the photographer's work and style. If you like it, then ask questions to make sure he/she is the right fit.
How did you decide to get in your line of work?
I was living abroad and visiting some of the most beautiful places in the world. I needed a way to properly remember the incredible sights. I bought a nice camera and it all grew from there.
Describe the most common types of jobs you do for your clients.
Corporate - Case Studies, Reportage, Office and Employees
Portraits - Individual, Couple, Family, Children
Industrial/architectural - Indoor, outdoor, and beauty shots of buildings, rooms, and equipment. As well as, real estate work.
Documentary - Magazine work covering various topics
Tell us about a recent job you did that you are particularly proud of.
- Large project for the City of Sheffield photographing a wide range of businesses in 9 districts
- Personal photo shoot for celebrity, Merrill Osmond
- Hotel beauty shots of Kimpton Palomar Hotels
- The Hearing Fund Celebrity Charity Event
- Cover photos on the national PME magazine, and the Georgetown View Magazine
Describe your most recent large project, what it involved, how much it cost, and how long it took.
- A 3 month project for the City of Sheffield photographing a wide range of businesses in 9 districts. The job entailed following a specific brief to represent the City of Sheffield and the surrounding districts, liaising with companies, organising and scheduling shoots, working in a very wide range of settings, editing thousands of images to properly showcase the subjects, and much more. The businesses ranged from the Nuclear AMRC and Medical AMRC, to breweries, chocolate factories, 3D printers, High quality industrial machinery, and so much more. Landscapes, tourism, and entertainment were also part of the assignment.
If you were advising someone who wanted to get into your profession, what would you suggest?
Study, practice, and work hard. Find someone you admire and try to learn from them. It's a difficult and competitive field to be in.
What important information should buyers have thought through before seeking you out?
Please don't forget that photography doesn't stop when the shoot is over. There is a lot of time and energy spent before and after the shoot to make sure the photos are perfect for you.
What questions should a consumer ask to hire the right service professional?
Can you give me what I am looking for? Do I like your style?
Describe three recent jobs you've completed.
- Large scaled industrial shoot for Climatemaster. Clients were beyond pleased with the quality of photos and the effort I put in to get them.
- Large celebrity event for The Hearing Fund Charity. The Foundation, Celebrities, and guests were all blown away by the work I produced.
-Private photo shoot with Merrill Osmond. He said he couldn't be happier with the results and now he is helping to market my business.
I'm personable, courteous, and flexible with my clients in order to produce quality relationships and quality photos in a professional manner.
Please have a look through my portfolio on my website and contact me to discuss your photography needs.
Thank you for considering me and I hope to hear from you.